Black Star Photo Agency
BORDER CROSSINGS’ READERS tell us they read the magazine because they consider it the best arts magazine in the country.
And they should know, because our readers come from every centre of the continent, and are a discriminating lot. They are educated, culturally sophisticated and informed.
They visit public galleries and museums, attend cultural events and concerts and are avid filmgoers. They are dedicated arts patrons and consumers, regularly visiting commercial galleries and purchasing artwork. They travel widely and seek out galleries and cultural events in the cities they visit.
Unquestionably leaders in their communities, Border Crossings’ readers are opinion makers, trendsetters, educators and front-line creators. A sophisticated, discriminating audience invested in a high quality of life.
* All information from readership survey conducted independently by Impresa Communications Ltd., Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Border Crossings, a quarterly magazine of the arts recognized internationally for its quality and intelligence, consistently wins awards for its writing and portfolios.
BORDER CROSSINGS HAS A STRONG, LOYAL AUDIENCE, PASSIONATELY DEVOTED TO THE MAGAZINE.
READERS CONSIDER BORDER CROSSINGS TO BE THE BEST ARTS MAGAZINE IN CANADA, AND RELY ON THE MAGAZINE FOR THEIR INFORMATION ON THE VISUAL ARTS.
Border Crossings is the magazine of choice for art professionals, art collectors, artists and art patrons. Our readers rely on the magazine for their information on visual arts, and look to Border Crossings to help them stay culturally up-to-date
THE RESEARCH INDICATES A CULTURALLY SOPHISTICATED AUDIENCE THAT IS WELL-EDUCATED, INFLUENTIAL AND DEEPLY COMMITTED TO THE ARTS.
BORDER CROSSINGS READERS ARE UNQUESTIONABLY LEADERS IN THEIR COMMUNITIES; OPINION LEADERS, TRENDSETTERS, EDUCATORS AND FRONT-LINE CREATORS.
The research indicates an attractive reader profile, with a high number of readers who are well-established in their fields and communities, indicating their principal occupations as academics or teachers, lawyers, journalists, independent business owners and students.
They have high household incomes:
60% are between the ages of 25 and 54.
BORDER CROSSINGS’ AUDIENCE ARE PEOPLE INVESTED IN A HIGH QUALITY OF LIFE WHO APPRECIATE AND PURSUE THE FINER THINGS IN LIFE; THEY TRAVEL, EAT OUT AND ATTEND CULTURAL EVENTS; THEY ARE AVID READERS, AND FREQUENT THE THEATRE, MUSEUMS AND GALLERIES.
BORDER CROSSINGS HAS A DIVERSE CANADIAN AUDIENCE WITH A STRONG INTERNATIONAL COMPONENT.
82% of the magazine’s subscribers are in Canada, with the remainder (18%) largely in the United States. In Canada, Border Crossings serves a national audience, with subscribers drawn from every corner of the country:
British Columbia 21.4%
Atlantic Canada 3.6%
Yukon & NWT 1.2%